[CentOS] Client backup solution with web interface

Paul Bijnens Paul.Bijnens at xplanation.com
Thu Nov 12 12:44:53 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-12 13:39, Jussi Hirvi wrote:

> But still another problem persists: the ip keeps changing. That is why I
> want the client (person) to start the script by a web interface. That
> way I could pick the ip up from the httpd log, or with some server-side
> script... Any ideas how to do this?

There is "BackupPC" which does lots of other things, and also can use
rsync as backup and, moreover, has such button for the user in a web page:

  http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/BackupPCBackupSummary.html

--
Paul Bijnens, Xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.525
Interleuvenlaan 86, B-3001 Leuven, BELGIUM          Fax  +32 16 397.552