[CentOS] How well does CentOS 5.4 support Arabic language and I can writing Arabic script from a standard keyboard?

Clint Dilks

clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Thu Nov 12 21:34:53 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have just had a request from a user who wants to have Arabic Language
Support and to be able write Arabic script from a US English.  Is this
fully supported in CentOS?

The user is convinced that he needs a newer version on gnome based on
this post
http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.28/#rndevelopers.epiphany

But I am going to try installing a system with Arabic Language Support
and see how it goes.  Would anyone using Arabic recommend using SCIM?

Thanks for any advice you can offer