[CentOS] Rebuilding MySQL

Victor Subervi

victorsubervi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 06:58:22 UTC 2009

Hi;
Since I decided to "yum remove openssl", genius that I am (not!), I managed
to screw up the OS so badly the server co. had to rebuild it for me <:-)
These good people backed everything up very well, so the damage was minimal.
Now I'm trying to rebuild MySQL. I did the "yum install mysql" no problem.
However...

[root at 13gems old]# /etc/init.d/mysqld start
-bash: /etc/init.d/mysqld: No such file or directory

What do? Also, where is the data usually stored? The server co. backed that
up, but I don't know which file it would be.
TIA,
Victor