[CentOS] On-Boot Scripts

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 20:34:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Victor Subervi <victorsubervi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit rusty. It's been a couple of years since I've run my own server,
> and I don't know this OS. And as we all know, each OS is different. I'm
> trying to install scripts I wrote years ago to do my MySQL backups.

While this list exists for helping members share knowledge, it really
shouldn't be used as a substitute for google. Being rusty isn't a
valid excuse for this.

> As for pointing me to the docs, I looked through them but couldn't make
> heads or tails of them. Yes, I need to study them, but right now I just need
> to get some basic things working so that I can make a little money and put
> food on the table :)

Time invested doing things right at the beginning will save you time
exponentially later. Just because YOU need to get things done now
doesn't really justify hitting the list for every little question. YOU
are the one getting paid to do the job, not us.

> I've loaded my scripts to /etc/rc.d/init.d Now how do I schedule my cron
> jobs?

Cron job scheduling hasn't changed meaningfully in at least a decade.
You're far beyond the 'rusty' point here, and still not using the
documentation or google because you're in a hurry.

I personally consider this behavior to be rude to other members of the
list who legitimately need assistance.

George Orwell