[CentOS] vsftpd question

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 13:15:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 7:01 AM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 05:45:34AM -0500, Victor Subervi wrote:
> >
> > Now, forgive me, but that seems anal.  What's the rationale there?
>
>        While that may seem "anal" to you, it's one of the guidelines
>        of this and other CentOS mailing lists as specified at:
>
>        http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16
>
>        It's also common practice for almost every mailing list
>        that I am a member of outside of the CentOS related lists
>        also.

Ok. It's "the law". Now, what is the __logic__ behind not top posting a
"Thanks everyone! I got it!" once everything is understood and it's the
__last_post__. Top-posting in such an instance is more convenient for
everyone. They don't have to scroll down. Just a "thank you!" and goodbye.
While I agree with the logic of not top posting for every other instance,
isn't that more logical in __this__ instance?