[CentOS] On-Boot Scripts

Ron Loftin reloftin at twcny.rr.com
Sat Nov 14 18:57:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 12:38 -0600, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 09:18:31AM -0400, Victor Subervi wrote:
> >
> > Man, Scott, you've hit it on the head! Gotta be honest. My name isn't
> > "Victor Subervi". I've changed names on these lists so many times just to
> > escape all the *#*%)+_& people throw at me, and I'll be changing names again
> > after this post. What you all gonna do about it? Grow up! Treat people as
> > you would like to be treated. Bye!
>
> 	Wow....
>
> 	Simply.... wow.
>
> 	So, let me get this straight, please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> 	You are entirely too lazy to do a single iota of work or exert
> 	even the smallest amount of effort on your own part to do a bare
> 	minimum of research, but instead run to the list expecting those
> 	of us that *can* assist you (please note the use of *can*, no one
> 	on any CentOS list is obligated to help you or anyone else) to
> 	effectively do your job for you?  Because you're lazy and have
> 	an entitlement issue where you feel you are owed something?
>
> 	You blame your outright laziness on not having done anything of
> 	this nature in years?
>
> 	And when called on your lack of effort, laziness and entitlement
> 	issues you get pissy and spew such inanities as "What you all gonna
> 	do about it?"?
>
> 	Have I got this right?
>
> 	It's rare that I flame on lists, and really I do apologize to
> 	the rest of you, but "Victor whateverMyNameIsLOL" can you please
> 	do us all a favor and find another occupation?  It's pretty
> 	evident you aren't cut out for anything remotely related to the
> 	various IT fields.  How about something that takes no effort,
> 	motivation, drive, skill or knowledge?  How about Q-Tip Tester?
> 	Or perhaps #2 Pencil Examiner?  Anything not in a field that is
> 	likely to cross paths with myself or others here in the future
> 	would be ideal.
>
> 	In other words, how about you just go away and stay away and
> 	don't let the door hit you on the backside on the way out.
>

> 							John

Sorry, but I just can't stand it anymore.

John, I believe that you have summed up well enough the image that the
person posting on this list as "Victor" stated as his position.  What
you are not saying is how obvious it is that he knows VERY little about
Linux and/or Unix in any form.  The questions he has been posting make
it obvious that he is painfully lacking in practical experience in any
OS that is subject to discussion on this list.

As such, I have resorted to just deleting without any consideration any
message from him, and most of those in threads I recognize as started by
him.

Again, I'm sorry for the rant, but I got to the point where I had to
blow off some steam on this silly issue.

Ron Loftin                      reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"       Piter from UserFriendly