[CentOS] stunbdc

Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann ribalba at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 23:21:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the program stunbdc,
> which prints one's IP address,
> is available in CentOS-5?
>
> It comes with the libnice package in Fedora-11.
>
> ------------------------------
> [tim at rose ~]$ stunbdc -4 stun.ekiga.net
> Server address: 75.101.138.128 port 3478
> STUN transaction started (timeout 600ms).
> STUN unknown: 0 mandatory attribute(s)!
> Received 88-bytes STUN message
>  No XOR-MAPPED-ADDRESS: 1
>  Mapped address found!
> Mapped address: 79.53.131.211 port 44939
> ------------------------------
>
> Or is there any other program as simple as this ... ?

Just to inform you this went into my gmail spam folder and now
displays the rather unpleasant message:

Warning: This message may not be from whom it claims to be. Beware of
following any links in it or of providing the sender with any personal
information.  Learn more

But it seams like I can build the fedora spec file on my system, with
some minor patching. And the stunbdc program seams to work

$ stunbdc
Server address: 127.0.0.1 port 3478
STUN transaction started (timeout 600ms).

I have uploaded src the rpm to my website.

http://www.ribalba.de/geek/port/

and a x86_64 build can be found under

http://www.ribalba.de/geek/port/libnice/

if you need another arc tell me and I will fire up mock :)

Please test this. I have just built it and run the program you requested.

Hope this helped.

Cheers Didi