[CentOS] Capturing video

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 17 19:41:55 UTC 2009

centos at 911networks.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to watch:
> http://www.video.bhphotovideo.com/?fr_story=a405075c1837a65dbee4f4d48db9a26a992d3ab2&rf=bm
>
> It's within flash and the problem is that even in slow mode I get 20
> seconds, then a few minutes later another 10 to 20 secs...
>
> I have CentOS 5.3, Firefox 3.0.15 with the flash enabled.
>
> Is there a way of capturing the whole video, and then playing it
> locally?

If you can find that particular commercial on Youtube, you can easily
capture the stream by using the Download Helper extension (currently ver
4.6.4).  B&H does have a number of videos on Youtube.  I didn't notice
the one you asked about but I didn't make an exhaustive search.
I did notice that the video that I watch for a couple minutes was very
good quality, like one would expect commercial for a camera and video
store to be.
BTW, I have found VLC Player from rpmforge to be really good for playing
captured flash video.