[CentOS] stupid Centos-DS questions

S.Tindall tindall.satwth at brandxmail.com
Thu Nov 19 18:40:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 12:31 -0500, Alan McKay wrote:
> This is the sort of thing that leaves me baffled :
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/Creating_Directory_Entries.html
>
> It tells me the following, but does not really provide a context for
> me as to why I'd want to do this or how this would relate to the
> real-world problem I am trying to solve.   I think I'm going to have
> to pick up a copy of the LDAP book someone mentioned a while back in
> another of my threads.

Alan,

Yes, RH documentation can be a little terse.

Look at the fedora 389 directory server (aka fedora directory server)
documentation:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation

There is also a brief writeup on LDAP architecture there:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architecture

Steve