[CentOS] A problem about upgrade centos5.2

王行焘

njtuwxt at 126.com
Tue Nov 24 08:09:31 UTC 2009

hi,
i made a mistake that i used centos5.4 i686 to upgrade the centos 5.2 x86_64,which runs on a server whose cpu is Xeon.The server seems to need CentOS X86_64 version. Should i use the CentOS 5.4  X86_64 disk to upgrade the CentOS 5.4 i 686?
Ps.I urgently need to upgrade it because the glibc x86_64 conflicts with the i686 one....It drives me crazy and i am hitting my head against the wall...
Should that work well?Should i try that?Please help to let me move on with my life....
Thanks very much!

Best wishes from
WANG Xing-tao
Management Information and Information System
BeijingJiaotongUniversity

北京交通大学
经济管理学院信息管理与信息系统
王行焘