[CentOS] Network CentOS 2.1

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:49:23 UTC 2009

Wahyu Darmawan wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
>> Wahyu Darmawan wrote on Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:07:34 +0700:
>>
>>> Need your help soon.
>> And it doesn't come to your mind you have to provide details first?
>>
>> Kai
>>
>> --
>> Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
>> Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com
>
> Thanks Kai.. :)
> I've server HP DL580G2, and installed 2 lan cards on it (eth0 and
> eth1). And, I just added new one of lan card (eth2).
> eth0 using intel chipset
> eth1 and eth2 using broadcom
> when i configured ip on eth2, and then I ran command 'ifup eth2'
> appeared error message:
> netmask: Host name lookup failure
>
> And, eth1 couldn't ping by outside suddenly (firewall status is off).
>
> Does anybody can help me? What should I do to make them work?
> Many thanks before.

If you had previously configured the other NICs and have now moved the
connections, be sure that you have removed the IP address and GATEWAY settings
from the original ones - you may still be trying to route through them.
"ifconfig" and "route -n" should show which interfaces the system thinks are active.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com