[CentOS] port forwarding using iptables

Ron Loftin reloftin at twcny.rr.com
Wed Nov 25 19:09:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 13:57 -0500, Boris Epstein wrote:
> Hi listmates,
>
> Happy Thanksgiving!
>
> Does anybody know if there is a convenient utility to configure
> iptables on a CentOS 5.4 or 5.3 machine to do port forwarding? And if
> not, where and how does one put the requisite commands?

For what it's worth, I use the Shoreline firewall package
( www.shorewall.net ) for that purpose.  It takes a bit to get used to
the syntax and idiosyncrazies of it, but it does just about anything you
need/want with an iptables-based firewall.

Ron Loftin                      reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"       Piter from UserFriendly