[CentOS] PHP updates

Bob McConnell rmcconne at lightlink.com
Fri Nov 27 13:34:30 UTC 2009

Michael Kress wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>> and if enough people actually convinced the developers that
>> 5.2.9-2.el5.centos were feasible, then they would probably move it into
>> the 'Extras' repository.
>
> ... here's one trying to 'convince'! ;-)
> I'm using that package from c5-testing since a month or so and I
> encountered no problems.
> Regards
> Michael

I'll go one further. We run commercial web sites on CentOS 5.3 which
must also be PCI compliant. Because of the security issues, the auditors
have been complaining for two months that we don't have PHP 5.2.11
installed yet, putting our PCI certification in jeopardy. When 5.2.12 is
released, probably next month, we will have 30 days to get it installed.

We are trying to figure out how to handle this issue short of having to
compile PHP ourselves. That would violate the agreement we have with the
hosting service.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP