[CentOS] Installing CentOS 5.4 64bit on server with LSI SAS 1068E controller.

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Sat Nov 28 00:29:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009, Tait Clarridge wrote:

> Steve, did you configure RAID in the BIOS or use JBOD and create a SW
> raid in CentOS? I noticed from a previous post that you said it was
> working, the info may help Billy.

I've done it both ways (RAID-5, RAID-6 and JBOD). BTW, the LSI 1068E in my
case were in Dell Perc 6/i controllers.

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
   "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"