[CentOS] NetworkManager constantly overwriting /etc/resolve.conf - how to disable?

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 08:27:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:

> You either
>
> A) Don't have NetworkManager installed on the other servers
> (eg 'rpm -q NetworkManager' yields 'package NetworkManager is not installed')
>
> OR
>
> B) Don't have NetworkManager running on the other servers
> (eg '/sbin/chkconfig NetworkManager --list' yields
> 'NetworkManager 0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off')
>

> --
> Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
> Deepwoods Software        -- Download the Model Railroad System
> http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Binaries for Linux and MS-Windows
> heller at deepsoft.com       -- http://www.deepsoft.com/ModelRailroadSystem/

Thanx Robert, so it's safe to remove NetworkManager then? I have done
so, and will see if any issues arise. The only files that was removed
is:

Removing:
 NetworkManager                                  i386
             1:0.7.0-9.el5                              installed
                       3.3 M
 NetworkManager                                  x86_64
             1:0.7.0-9.el5                              installed
                       3.4 M
Removing for dependencies:
 NetworkManager-glib                             i386
             1:0.7.0-9.el5                              installed
                       154 k
 NetworkManager-glib                             x86_64
             1:0.7.0-9.el5                              installed
                       161 k

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers