[CentOS] CentOS 5 and DRPM

Janez Kosmrlj postnalista at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:32:51 UTC 2009

I finally managed to do it.
server:
I had to rebuild the latest createrepo package from sourcerpm:
wget http://createrepo.baseurl.org/download/createrepo-0.9.8-1.src.rpm
rpm2cpio createrepo-0.9.8-1.src.rpm | cpio -idmv --no-absolute-filenames
change yum dependency to yum >= 3.2.22 in the spec file
rpmbuild -bb createrepo.spec
install freshly build createrepo package
install deltarpm from epel
createrepo --database  --deltas -s sha --oldpackagedirs ../base/ .

client:
deltarpm from epel
rebuild yum-presto >= 0.4
rpmbuild --rebuild
http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/presto/yum-presto-0.4.1-1.fc7.src.rpm
install fresh yum-presto package
in your updates yum repos conf file add deltarpm=
http://updateserver/path_to_updatedir