[CentOS] Wireless

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Nov 30 17:13:01 UTC 2009

> Hi
>
> There is no encryption and my neighbour knows about it, we are just trying
> to build an small network for our computers.
> Centos doesn't recognize the USB device. I just plug ot in and nothing
> happens.
>
> Any suggestions?

What shows up in /var/log/messages when you plug in the device?  Do a
'sudo tail -f /var/log/messages' and then plug in the device.  Copy and
paste the usb / udev blather into an E-Mail message.  Should start with
something like this:

Nov 29 19:50:04 sauron kernel: usb 7-3: new full speed USB device using address 3