[CentOS] Build a Firewall (Can I learn to do this...)

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 21:03:06 UTC 2009

You don't need to have Comcast route all traffic to that IP. You just
need to put two NICs in the server and place it between Comcast and
your servers. Then using iptables you can configure CentOS to deny /
allow traffic to IPs on specific ports. I know this is a CentOS list,
but if you want something with a webGUI have a look at pfSense. I use
this in front of my CentOS servers.

Ryan