[CentOS] Bond Issues

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Tue Oct 6 20:20:15 UTC 2009

aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:

> Setting up 802.3ad didn't seem to yield anything more than what a
> single link could provide based on monitoring via iptraf.

That is expected, 802.3ad is for aggregating traffic so many:1
traffic is faster than a single link.

If you want faster throughput than that for a single link I suggest
going to 10Gbps for best reliability. Many switch vendors now
have low cost 10GbE gear, some even allow you to use CAT5E for it
as well to keep you from having to rip out all of your cabling.

Most of my systems use mode=1, though we have an Exanet NAS cluster
that uses mode=6 I believe, though the vendor(Exanet) has moved
to 802.3ad for their newer versions of software because it's more
standardized.

nate