[CentOS] Embedded Question-Stateless readonly filesystem

Alok Prasad

alok.prasad7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 08:06:15 UTC 2009

Yes This technology preview is amazing .
Hope Karan never stop this development.

I am trying to make a readonly root filesystem for asterisknow 1.5 which
uses
centos 5.3 ,if it this works will be amazing.It will always ensure
asterisknow1.5
boot cleanly even improperly shutdown or on crash.

Some information you are looking for is available at
http://plone.lucidsolutions.co.nz/linux/io/using-centos-5.2-stateless-linux-support-on-a-flash-based-root-filesystem

Thx

*>>* From: centos-bounces at centos.org
*>>* [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org
Padro
*>>* Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 18:18
*>>* To: CentOS mailing list
*>>* Subject: Re: [CentOS] Embedded Question
*>>*
*>>* On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Joseph L.
*>>* Casale<JCasale at activenetwerx.com
*>>* > A friend asked me to setup an embedded appliance with an RO
*>>* root for
*>>* > minimal maintenance to primarily stream shoutcast out to an amp.
*>>* >
*>>* > The only thing I knew that might do this is iMedia Linux, but the
*>>* > project is practically dead with little to no activity. Is
*>>* it possible
*>>* > to do something like this with CentOS?
*>>* >
*>>* > Doesn't seem to be much info on the
*>>* /etc/sysconfig/readonly-root file.
*>*
*>* Googled it:
*>*