[CentOS] Desktop apps, OO and Scribus

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net

Wed Oct 7 12:19:43 UTC 2009

 I just came across a user who tried to view a Word document on a CentOS5
 machine, and it seems that desktop, firefox etc. are trying to view it
 with Scribus instead of OpenOffice.

 This needs to change. Is there a system-wide setting for it?

 On the older, RHEL3 systems we used to have mozplugger, but it's not
 available in the standard CentOS repositories or rpmforge. What are
 we supposed to use now? I have one CentOS box here that has mozplugger
 installed, but I don't know where that came from, it's not in the yum
 log files.