[CentOS] bind question, please help

Dan Carl danc at bluestarshows.com
Wed Oct 7 20:56:34 UTC 2009

adrian kok wrote:
> in my understanding:
>

> 1/ this allow internal network can query zone and outside
>         allow-query     { localhost; internal-network; };
>         recursion yes;
>

> 2/ this allow internal network can query zone but not outside
>
>        allow-query     { localhost; internal-network; };
>         recursion no;
>
> i would like this dns as let outside query zone and allow internal network to equiry zone and outside.
> how can i do it?
>
> Thank you
>
> <snip>

Not quite sure of your question.
if there is a zone you want for your internal network do something like
this.

        match-clients              { internals; };
        match-destinations      { internals; };
        allow-recursion {192.168.0.0/24;127.0.0.1;};

for external
        match-clients           { any; };
        match-destinations      { any; };
        recursion no;

This is assuming you're setting up views.
Bind and views can get complicated.
You may be better off setting up two DNS servers, one for internal and
one for external.
I have no experience with it but its been suggested here that dnsmasq is
very easy to configure.
Dan