[CentOS] tgtadm and exported iscsi volumes

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Thu Oct 8 10:55:24 UTC 2009

-----Original message-----
From: Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>
Sent: Wed 07-10-2009 21:03
To: 'centos at centos.org' <centos at centos.org>;
Subject: [CentOS] tgtadm and exported iscsi volumes

> Out of haste I decided for the first time not to pull down and compile
> iet to export a single volume to a windows machine so I just used tgtd.
>
> Well, much more time later than otherwise would be the case had I used
> iet, when I mount the volume on the windows ini, it can't find and install
> a driver? WTF?
>
> This have anything to do with the tgtd being a tech preview:)
>
> Anybody seen this b4?

I've used TGTD in our labs and serving both CentOS 4.x , CentOS 5.x and Microsoft machines (through the iscsi initiator) without any problems. I don't understand your 'mount the volume on the windows ini' sentence btw ... everything is done through the iscsi initiator packages , on all guest OS ...

--
Fabian Arrotin
idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain`