[CentOS] xen guest system - install source - NOT

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 8 14:21:34 UTC 2009

> Hm, not so simple. Now I got the installation (with program
> virt-install) to begin, but then I would see a dialog screen asking for
> ftp server, and path containing OS for my architecture. I gave for
> example the following two values:
> 	ftp.funet.fi
> 	pub/mirrors/centos.org/5.3/os/i386
> (the latter with and without slashes at beginning and end),
> but always I get the same dialog screen back after a couple of minutes
> of blank screen. No error messages.
>
> So I am baffled again. Has someone been here before?

Hi

I was trying to install using virt-manager whit FTP to point to the
files (mounted with loop) in the field "Install Media URL", but it was
always failing with the message was not finding the installation files.
For me works only if I extract the files from the iso image and access
using NFS.

The FTP works fine if I use inside the kickstart.

Regards

mg.