[CentOS] Cant map Apache DAV network place to network drive

Neil Aggarwal

neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Thu Oct 8 16:06:14 UTC 2009

Hello:

I have set up a DAV file system on my apache server
using these directives in ssl.conf:

Alias /files /var/www/files
<Directory /var/www/files>
  Dav On

  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Filesystem access"
  AuthUserFile /var/www/files.passwd

  require valid-user

  Options Indexes
</Directory>

On my client machine (Windows XP SP3), I am
able to add the https location as a network place.

But, when I go to map the network place as a network
drive, I can browse to the network place and see
the folders, but the OK button is always greyed
out.

Is there something wrong in my Apache config
or is Windows being obtuse?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
	Neil

Will your e-commerce site go offline if you have
a DB server failure, fiber cut, flood, fire, or other disaster?
If so, ask about our geographically redundant database system.