[CentOS] resolv.conf rewritten every reboot. How to figure out who and why?

Dave tdbtdb+centos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 23:32:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org> wrote:
> Quoting Dave <tdbtdb+centos at gmail.com>:
>> [snip]
>> > - ^^^^^^^^^^^
>> > change to PEERDNS=no
>>
>> What man page would tell me what this means? How should I have known
>> that's what I should do, if I were lacking the luxury of being told by
>> one wiser than myself?
>
> /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt

Wow, there it is. I guess I could've found it by doing a careful
search of the initscripts package, which contains/owns
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, which was the only script
in /etc/ that invokes /sbin/dhclient, which a comment in
/etc/resolv.conf revealed to be the program that wrote it.

Thanks guys,
Dave