[CentOS] xen guest system - install source - NOT

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Fri Oct 9 13:30:42 UTC 2009

On 8.10.2009 19:04, Mathew S. McCarrell wrote:
> It needs to look similar to the following.
>
>               +-----------------+ HTTP Setup +------------------+
>               |                                                 |
>               | Please enter the following information:         |
>               |                                                 |
>               |     o the name or IP number of your Web server  |
>               |     o the directory on that server containing   |
>               |       CentOS for your architecture              |
>               |                                                 |
>               |   Web site name:    mirror.clarkson.edu_____    |
>               |   CentOS directory: /centos/5/os/i386/______    |
>               |                                                 |
>               |         +----+                 +------+         |
>               |         | OK |                 | Back |         |
>               |         +----+                 +------+         |
>               |                                                 |
>               |                                                 |
>               +-------------------------------------------------+

Hello,

Thanks for many good tips. I tried both ftp and http, both ftp.funet.fi
and mirror.clarkson.edu, and always I end up soon after the above dialog
screen (in Mathew's message) with the following error:

                    +---------------+ Error +----------------+

                    | Unable to retrieve                     |

                    | http://ftp.funet.fi//pub/mirrors/cent  |

                    | os.org/5.3/os/i386/images/stage2.img.  |

                    |                +----+                  |

Strange, because I can download that image both with wget (from a http
mirror) and with ftp (from a ftp mirror). Should I try downloading the
whole i386 directory, and publish it locally with Apache, or something
like that?

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland