[CentOS] question on 5.4

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Fri Oct 9 17:59:52 UTC 2009

Ron Loftin wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 11:45 -0400, Jim Perrin wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
>>> Does 5.4 come with an updated openoffice.
>>> 5.3 comes with version 2.3 was wondering if 5.4 will have 3.1
>> Nope. 5.4 won't have openoffice 3.1
>>
> That's not a big surprise, just keeping within the stated policies of
> CentOS.
>
> However, I will point out that for those who want OOO 3.1, all they have
> to do is skip installing the old version that comes with CentOS, and
> install the RPMs that can be downloaded straight from openoffice.org.
> The ones for RHEL 5 work very well, and integrate with the Gnome desktop
> automagically.

Yes i'm myself using OO.org 3.1 RPMS on my CentOS laptop, just because
some colleagues continue to send me Office 2K7 docx and xlsx documents
... Those RPMS install just fine as Ron said earlier

Fabian Arrotin
idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain`
test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init 6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh