[CentOS] Launch applications on GNOME startup ?

Jake Shipton jakems at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Oct 11 20:46:01 UTC 2009

On 11/10/09 17:28, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed and configured Conky, and I'd like to automatically
> launch it whenever I start a GNOME session. I expected to see some sort
> of Preferences>Launch Applications on Startup, some user-specific
> equivalent of rc.local, but there doesn't seem to be such an entry.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Niki

Hi, assuming the application can be started from terminal without issues
you could go to:

System > Preferences > More Preferences > Sessions

And onto the "Start up" tab.

Click "Add" and here, you will need to enter a command (such as
/usr/bin/conky)

Not quite sure what conky is, as I've never used it, so this may or may
not work for you. But give it a try :-)

Hope this helps.

--

Jake