[CentOS] 10 Year old IT Infrastructure

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Sun Oct 11 23:41:17 UTC 2009

Brian Mathis wrote:

>>> This is by far the best approach if you want to bring them along.  It
>>> has to be THEIR decision, so the best way to get them to make that
>>> decision is to sit back and say "OK, if you don't want to upgrade that
>>> is fine, but we still have to make sure we are prepared for when that
>>> hardware fails, so here is what we'll do ..."
>>>
>>> That will probably scare the crap out of them enough to change their
>>> minds :-)
<snip>
Got it: what you need to do is set up a meeting to prepare a disaster recovery
plan. Most business have, or are willing to look at them (at least
post-Katrina). Make sure that they know just how *long* it will take to bring
new systems online if there's a fire, or flood, or hurricane, or twister....

Then bring up the age of the servers and maintenance. As part of the plan, of
course, spec out replacement hardware, and any performance increases it would
bring....

	mark

	mark
--
Right, breathing is addictive, as shown by the withdrawal
symptoms. - Steve Gruenwald