[CentOS] Simple way to banish IP addresses ?

Oliver Ransom oliver at ransom.com.au
Mon Oct 12 02:20:46 UTC 2009

The best way to do it is with iptables. If you want something "more
easily configurable" then some front end for it would be most useful.
Webmin most likely provides a graphical interface to do it.

Adding rules to drop traffic from IPs or whole subnets is not that
difficult if you have a basic understand of IPv4 networking.

There are some well documented examples on this page (including one to
do what you're after):
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Iptables_command#Examples

Regards,
Oliver