[CentOS] customized centos 5.4 install, core install?

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 00:06:48 UTC 2009

Hi,
Thanks for all your replies. I checked out spacewalk and cobbler, both
of which look like they require a network support infrastructure, at
least a tftp server. I want to use a CD or DVD. Kickstart sounds like
the way to go, but i'm looking to have everything self contained, for
example if i want to install the postfix package, i'll want to remove
sendmail, set up postfix to start at selected runlevels and configure
the main.cf and master.cf files so that when the box reboots postfix
is ready to go. I'd also like to have this install as slimmed down as
possible, for example i probably won't be using x so i'd prefer not to
have any x packages in the install dvd.
Thanks.
Dave.