[CentOS] OT: pager pay
alan.mckay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:28:03 UTC 2009
I'm trying to compare my small company's policy against other
companies out there. We pay 10% of your per-hour salary equivalent
per every hour you carry it, whether it goes off or not. So for
example someone making $55K/year works out to about $27 / hour (I
think), so they'd get $2.70 for every hour they carry the pager
outside of regular work hours. We are a company of about 25 people.
My old employer Nortel still does it this way :
- $27.50 for every 8 hour shift you carry it, outside of regular work hours.
- any page is billed at time-and-a-half, minimum 1 hour billed
- any page requiring you to go into work, is billed at time-and-a-half
with a 3 hour min
I have a buddy at IBM and while it varies by group, his group does this :
- $30/day for carrying it, whether it goes off or not
- every page gets billed at time-and-a-half, minimum 30 minutes
Anyone else want to share theirs?
“Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV”
- Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"
More information about the CentOS