[CentOS] Update question

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Wed Oct 14 19:04:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 07:51:27PM +0100, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:

> Do you *need* to upgrade?  If the machines are running anything
> critical, I would be tempted to leave them with 5.2.

	Because advising someone to run with known vulnerabilities
	is conducive to maintaining the integrity of critical
	systems?

	I've been seeing this mentality a lot recently, and while
	in some corner-cases it does make sense, for the majority
	of users it does not and leaves them open to pain and suffering
	in the future.

	Update once in a while after testing in a properly configured
	test environment and you will, in the long run, be much happier.

							John

--
DMR: So fsck was originally called something else.
Q: What was it called?