[CentOS] openjdk

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Oct 15 21:01:03 UTC 2009

Hey, folks,

  yum is telling me that I need to update openjdk on several servers.
HOWEVER, they've all got openjdk-plugin installed, and yum doesn't want
to update, and tells me there's no openjdk-plugin package to install, at
least for 5.3.

  What I see, googling, is the workaround is to install Sun's java.... Is
there any openjdk-plugin for java-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64
1:1.6.0.0-1.2.b09.el5? If not, and the servers have users running X, is
there any reason for either upgrading, or for that matter, even
installing openjdk, instead of the officious <g> Sun jdk?

     mark