[CentOS] [OT] DHCP auth&auth software

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:59:11 UTC 2009

2009/10/19 Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com>:
> I've never had a case of deliberate network intrusion&misuse, since physical
> access to the building is rather restricted. So far problems have occurred
> exclusively because of user ignorance. Users don't bother to obey local policy
> about p2p, antivirus and other protection, so I have to find them and make them
> obey it. And finding them is not easy if the only information I have is the
> dynamically assigned IP.

I understand now that your situation is different from the one I
envisioned when I wrote my previous post.

Just wondering how easy is it to get within reach of your WiFi network
- my mobile phone keeps picking up wireless networks wherever I go in
urban areas and almost every stop outside the city (petrol stations
etc).

Is your building isolated enough to prevent someone from accessing
your wireless networks from outside the secure area?

Cheers,

--Amos