[CentOS] RAID advice? and KVM advice?

Dave Stevens

geek at uniserve.com
Tue Oct 20 01:30:47 UTC 2009

Hello All,

In the not too distant future I will be commissioning a new CentOS
(5.4?) box with 4 identical SATA drives. I'd like to set them up as
RAID 1+0 for speed and redundancy. I've read the RHEL 5 deployment
guide on raid setup and it seems to cover the basics of software raid
pretty well, but doesn't cover 1+0. Does anyone have a reference for
that kind of configuration?

I'd also like to have two virtual domains, one for CentOS and one for
Debian. any suggestions for setup docs for that kind of arrangement?

TIA.

Dave

--
When addiction becomes commonplace in a society, people become
addicted not only to alcohol and drugs, but to a thousand other