[CentOS] full-fledge PDF editor for Linux

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 02:25:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Rob Townley <rob.townley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Acrobat isn't easy to use either.  i find it kinda clunky and not
> intuitive.  Maybe it is the nature of vector graphics and text.
>
> InkScape for graphics imports / exports pdf.
> The SVG can be edited in theory in a text editor because it is XML.
>
> ps2pdf  <-->   pdf2ps
>
> xhtml2ps | ps2pdf

I have had problems with ps2pdf - a lot of the time it just plain
fails, especially if the output is fancy-formatted (like dual
columns).

OpenOffice can export its documents as pdfs, which can provide a lot
of the functionality, but as for editing an existing PDF, I don't know
of a cheap, simple solution.  Acrobat is probably the best, and it's
expensive (by my budget framework).

mhr