[CentOS] local centos repository upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4

Paul Herbosch paul.herbosch at tbwaworld.com
Wed Oct 21 13:25:31 UTC 2009

On 21 Oct 2009, at 14:52, Mogens Kjaer wrote:

> On 10/21/2009 02:36 PM, Paul Herbosch wrote:
>> another question:
>> do 5.4 rpms at some point end up in the 5.3 update repo?
>> (if this is the case I don't have to do anything but wait for them to
>> show up)
>> or do I always have to rsync 5.4 over and arrange my files so that
>> yum
>> finds them in the "5" directory
>> (and not "5.4")
>
> Can't you rsync the centos/5.4 and the centos/5 folders?
>
> Then everything will work when 5.4 is announced: The
> symlinks in the centos/5 folder will change to point
> at the 5.4 folders and you don't have to do anything.

Thx a lot.
I didn't realize that the centos/5 directory is a symlink.
this definitely answers my question.

> Mogens

thx again.
gr, paul
--
Paul Herbosch
Operations

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which
it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is
privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to
disclaimer at tbwaworld.com and please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media.
We appreciate your cooperation.