[CentOS] File Server using ISCSI attached storage - Hardware HBA ?

Clint Dilks

clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Wed Oct 21 21:51:57 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone

I am looking at setting up a File Server that uses ISCSI storage.  It is
the first time I have done this, so I am wanting to get peoples thoughts
on whether for CentOS systems you should use Hardware based ISCSI HBA's?

If so do I need to be careful about what HBA I use ?  Currently I am
looking at purchasing a Dell System using  Broadcom ethernet cards/
ISCSI HBA.  From google searching it seems QLogic HBA's are quite popular ?

Any suggestions or experience you can offer appreciated.

Have a nice day