[CentOS] New administrator and upgrading systems

Yves Bellefeuille yan at storm.ca
Wed Oct 21 22:20:41 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 18:01, Mathew S. McCarrell wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>
wrote:

> > I have the same problem. Are many mirrors not updated yet?
>
> Many of them should be current since the official release just
> occurred. I've already seen 25 Mbps jump in traffic on the Clarkson
> mirror since release almost an hour ago.

It seems that my list of mirrors isn't being updated. The
file /var/cache/yum/updates/mirrorlist.txt has this:

http://www.muug.mb.ca/pub/centos/5.3/updates/i386/
http://centos.arcticnetwork.ca/5.3/updates/i386/

(etc.)

I did do "yum clean all". How can I get the file to indicate
http://www.muug.mb.ca/pub/centos/5.4/updates/i386/, etc.?

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>
"Yves Bellefeuille: Eterna malvenkanto en UEA" -- Heroldo Komunikas,