[CentOS] Bypass Hung Applications At Boot So System Can Complete The Boot Process

Kemp, Larry Larry.Kemp at usmetrotel.com
Fri Oct 23 16:12:36 UTC 2009

I have a CentOS system that is hanging at boot. Sendmail takes forever (and a few other apps hang as well...mainly network apps). This has proven in the pas to be a NIC misconfiguration or a network issue. I think that is what it is on this one too. Is there a way when I see an app haning at boot to make the server stop trying to load the hung app and bring the OS up into the GI so that I get to fixing it? Thanks in advance.

Larry Kemp
Network Engineer
U.S. Metropolitan Telecom, LLC