[CentOS] What about port mirroring? (Was: Switch to measure traffic at IP level)

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Fri Oct 23 16:33:08 UTC 2009

> yeah, a 1gig port can't handle all the traffic from N 1gig
> ports.  heck,
> ti can't even handle all the traffic from a single full
> duplex connection

That is a good point.  My traffic is light right now
so I might be able to use it until the traffic grows.

Thanks,
	Neil

Will your e-commerce site go offline if you have
a DB server failure, fiber cut, flood, fire, or other disaster?
If so, ask about our geographically redundant database system.