[CentOS] Newsletter feedback

Keith Keller kkeller at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 23 16:39:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 01:29:56PM +0100, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote:

> We have now published the sixth version of the Newsletter and I think
> it is time to ask YOU ( the reader ) what we can improve. The current
> trend is away from really technical details more to a light read and
> entertaining stuff. Is this a good way to go. Or should we focus more
> on the technical side again*. Or is the balance right?

I greatly enjoyed this month's newsletter, especially the hacker diary.
:)  It's nice to see the events and "in the news" items too.

While I understand the temptation to do more technical items, I'm not
sure if that's how the newsletter was conceived.  I can see the
newsletter being more of a meta item, not necessarily for help using
CentOS, but for help on knowing what's going on.  So I personally am
happy with how it's going so far, but I can sympathize with those who
want a more technical letter.

IOW, I like that the newsletter is a high-level view, where the
centos at centos mailing list I see as a nuts-n-bolts view.

I'd like to contribute, but I need to figure out what I can do first.

Did your friend ever get his personal web site up?  ;-)

--keith

kkeller at speakeasy.net