[CentOS] more 5.4 problems

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Fri Oct 23 22:25:56 UTC 2009

MHR wrote:

> Of course, now that I'm using FF more for flash (because it works
> better than SM for that and I rarely keep FF windows open long enough
> to see this), it happens more frequently.

I don't use CentOS as a desktop but this still may be of use...

On both my win32 and my debian systems that use firefox I use the
prefbar extension which has an option to enable/disable flash, I
usually keep it off unless I need it but it seems to unload the
module on the fly(doesn't show up in about:plugins), and from what
I can see it renames the file. I don't know if renaming the file
is enough, but you may be able to restart the flash plugin
dynamically without restarting the browser with this(or perhaps
another) extension.

Real handy for when flash holds onto my audio card preventing other
apps from using it, hit the checkbox and it kills flash without
causing instability in the browser.

nate