[CentOS] CentOS DS Transition Issue

Camron W. Fox

cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Mon Oct 26 03:43:13 UTC 2009

Alle,

	We are looking to transition from OpenLDAP to CentOS DS. We currently
using OpenLDAP V2.3.43-3 with both RHEL 5.4 and Solaris10 clients
(auth/netgroup/automount).
	We restrict user login access to the RHEL and Solaris machines using
netgroups. After configuring the CentOS DS, we noticed that while the
RHEL restrictions using the /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac and
/etc/security/access.conf configurations worked correctly, the Solaris
clients using + at netgroup in /etc/passwd, passwd_compat in
/etc/nsswitch.conf and the appropriate /etc/pam.conf configs do not
respect the restrictions. The client configurations have not changed,
only the LDAP server.
	I know this is a long shot, but has anyone else come across this issue?

Best Regards,
Camron

--
Camron W. Fox