[CentOS] Inquiry:External USB modem and Remote PC Access?

hadi motamedi

motamedi24 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 04:51:34 UTC 2009

Dear All
Please be informed that I checked for the presence of internal modem on my
CentOS server , as the followings :
#dmesg |grep -i modem
#lspci |grep -i modem
#lshw |grep -i modem
According to the output , it seems that my CentOS client does not contain
internal modem . So I decided to add external USB modem and make use of an
PCAnyWhere like application that enables for Remote PC Access . Can you
please do me favor and let me know how can I add the external USB modem to
my CentOS host and please propose for an PCAnyWhere like application that
can be installed on my CentOS client and enables for remote dialup
connection (as the PCAnyWhere does for the MS Windows clients) ?
Let me thank you in advance
Regards
H.Motamedi