[CentOS] VMware Server 2.0.1 On CentOS 5

Max Hetrick maxhetrick at verizon.net
Thu Oct 29 14:01:07 UTC 2009

Les Mikesell wrote:

> That's actually pretty strange because the glibc update in 5.4 will break VMware
> Server 2.0.1.  Have you rebooted or restarted vmware since the update?  if you
> haven't, don't until you look up the fix...

Yeah, I've rebooted my instances. My one instance is my laptop which
gets restarted twice a day actually. I've not had any issues at all.
Everything has been running great.

I'm running this RPM from VMware:

VMware-server-2.0.1-156745

So, I'm not sure. Is it something related to x86_64 systems only then?
All mine are x86, and I see a lot of references to x86_64 here. Just a
thought.

Regards,
Max