[CentOS] Infrastructure HELP!

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Thu Oct 29 18:11:14 UTC 2009

RAID 10 is striping across mirrored drives.

So, if you have 4 x 1TB drives, think of it as two separate
1 TB volumes.  The system will write half your data to
volume A and the other half to volume B.  The data in volume
A and B do not overlap.

Now, each volume is composed of a mirrored set of drives.
Anything written to volume A is actually stored on two drives.
Anything written to volume B is actually stores on the other two
drives.

Does this make sense?
Let me know if you need any more explanation.

Also, when you move to a hosted solution, I would appreciate
your considering my company for it.

	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://www.JAMMConsulting.com
CentOS 5.4 KVM VPS $55/mo, no setup fee, no contract, dedicated 64bit CPU