[CentOS] Adverts in the mailing list; was: Infrastructure HELP!

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Oct 29 18:18:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Neil Aggarwal wrote:

> Also, when you move to a hosted solution, I would appreciate
> your considering my company for it.
>
> 	Neil

When stuff like this moves out of the sig and into the body of
the message as a direct solicitation, and (as it seems to me)
a person is camping on the mailing list with fast but not
necessarily thoughtful asnwers, they are spamming the list,
and stepping over the bounds of proper conduct.

My opinion, and for what it is worth, sent in my personal
email, rather than a @centos.org one

May I ask that you not repeat this approach, please?

-- Russ herrold